You’ve probably heard of them before, capsule wardrobes are taking over the world by storm and we are so into it!
What is it?
It’s 2018, minimalistic living is so on trend and we as a human race are constantly looking for new and productive ways to keep ourselves living practically. We’re all for embracing the things that matter in life, and less of the things that don’t. Capsule wardrobes represent these lifestyle efforts in a way that affects us constantly, through the fabulous items of clothing we decide to wear each and every day. It’s very important here at Miss FQ!
A capsule is about refining your wardrobe by filling it up with staple pieces, topped with a sprinkling of seasonal trends that you cannot live without, and getting rid what you never wear that lurks in the back of your coat rack.
These pieces, 35 to be exact, should all be able to work together and allow for your wardrobe to be completely interchangeable – doesn’t it sound like a dream? These pieces can be switched around every three months and cover everything a girl needs including:
- White tee
- Black tee
- Striped/printed tee
- Coloured tee
- Long sleeve basic
- A fun on-trend seasonal top
- White button up shirt
- A little black dress
- A floral dress
- A fun on-trend seasonal dress
- A striped dress
- Denim jacket
- Leather jacket
- An on-trend seasonal jacket
- Long line coat
- Jersey jumper
- Chunky knit
- Denim jeans
- White jeans
- Black jeans
- Harem pants
- Tracksuit pants
- Leather flat boots
- Leather heeled boots
- Strappy heels
- Statement bag
- Long strap bag
- Cap (hat)
- Wide brimmed hat
- An on trend seasonal accessory
Why Capsule Wardrobes Are Great
Think about it, how often are you standing in front of a filled-to-the-brim wardrobe feeling like nothing goes together and you’ve got nothing to wear? Capsule wardrobes completely take away the stress, which of course saves you more time in the morning to sit down with your coffee and flick through Miss FQ. Obvs!
Not only are you saving time, but you’re saving money. See what we mean about being practical? The capsule wardrobe helps to avoid impulse buying (come on, we’re all guilty of it) which is the culprit behind filling up your wardrobe with a million pieces and still not knowing what to wear! Not to mention, it clears out space so that you can think logically about crafting your outfits to perfection.
The capsule wardrobe represents need for your life to be less focused on wasting time to figure out what you’re going to wear and banishing the tendency to irrationally spend your hard earned cash money on impulse buys! It’s definitely a win-win for us.
How To Build One
- Start fresh. You’ve got to be strict with yourself and clean out your closet. Leave yourself with your absolute fave staple and on-trend pieces that you one hundred percent cannot live without.
- Spend some time dividing your pieces into three seasonal categories: summer and winter for obvious reasons, and trans-seasonal for your most appropriate in-between-temperature Spring and Autumn must-haves.
- Edit your decisions to suit your lifestyle and the seasons appropriately.
- If there are some pieces you’re nervous about parting ways with, store them away somewhere for 6 months and then make a decision to bin them later on!
- For the pieces that suit the current season, keep them in your wardrobe and store the other two categories away to keep your space clean.
- Switch between each season every three months! Have fun with moving pieces around but try to generally keep to your categories.
- Purchase a clean rack so that your wardrobe space looks super trendy and so that you can see what you own to create the perfect ensemble each morning
- Restrict yourself to shopping every three months and try to make most of your purchases planned (make a wish list to jot down must haves as you see them pop up).
- Make it a lifestyle and totally rock it! Your life is about to get so much easier.